Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Humble Pie and Sweet Tea

Wow...so I get on today to check my traffic report and this blog is starting to really get going! Thank you so much to all of you who come to read my blog. Whether it is once or every day...I really appreciate you taking the time to come by and read about my life. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

I'm sorry that my updates have become sporadic. Again, with the internet issues...I'm not going to beat the dead horse. You all know what I'm dealing with here. I do apologize. And, I'll make a conscious effort, going forth, to do what it takes to get an update out. Even if that means going to Dunkin Donuts or McDonald's to use their wifi. I'll totally take one for the team with a DQP or a dozen Blueberry cake donuts. ::shifty side eye::

Things are still going a little bit nuts over here. I'm still on the job hunt. I have a second interview for the previously mentioned legit insurance broker tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, guys. I really REALLY need this job and it's a gig that I'd feel comfortable just jumping into. I know the job...I know the carriers...I can DO this. I just need them to think that I can do it, too.

I finally broke down and bought some tea. I made my very own batch of sweet tea yesterday and quite frankly...it's terrible. lol... Apparently my southern tea making skills are on the fritz. I need to practice. I also learned that when making tea in New Jersey, it's best to buy the jugged water. I don't know why I thought that the water from the tap would cut it. I figured since it was filtered that it'd be okay...but hard water does not good tea make. Or something. It's just awful. Back to the drawing board.

In other exciting news...R and I are going to making a trip soon to NYC!!! I'm soo excited about finally seeing something other than my small town and the 15 boroughs around it. We're going to go eat NY food, walk the NY streets...hopefully pop into Central Park and let me get some pictures of the Cherry Blossom trees. If they are in bloom. I have no idea when things bloom up here. It's still pretty dead...but I've been assured that the appearance of "May Flies" indicates that Spring is coming. But, I'm SO freaking excited, I can't stand it. I have NEVER been to New York. I was totally that redneck tourist when we flew into Newark a couple months ago. Complete with pointing and yelling, "Look!!! I can see the Statue of Liberty!! It's RIGHT THERE!!!" Yeah...that was me. I wish I could say I'm ashamed, but that would just be a lie. It was pretty darn exciting. I do wonder if we'll see any celebrities while we're prowling NYC. I will say, as uncouth as I may have been about seeing Lady Liberty, I'm actually pretty comfortable around famous people. Maybe if I see Kelly Ripa or anyone else equally awesome I'll go up and say hi.

I should probably get off here and make myself a productive member of society. Or at least of this household. And, I should probably reward you guys for putting yourselves through my blog. I'm not big on constant Giveaways that seem to clutter other blogs that I read, but I'll see what I can do...maybe I'll make a necklace or something to give to one of you sweet people that come here and read my endless prattling. Just as a thank you. Not to promote my blog...not to generate money...I still do this fo' free. I just want you all to know that you are appreciated. So, again, I say THANK YOU. I am humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment