Thursday, April 5, 2012

March Birchbox Review



Alright! While I've got the internet working in my favor, I'm finally getting to post the March Birchbox Review. Without further adieu...


The March box was pretty awesome, I thought. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get some of the stuff that the other subscribers had gotten, but oh well...I did get a couple of real winners in this month's box.


AHAVA Essential Day Moisturizer: I was STOKED to get this in my box. I have really dry skin and my usual St. Ives moisturizer was not quite doing the job here lately. This moisturizer is nice and thick and really quenches my skin's thirst. I felt like my St. Ives was just sitting on top of my skin. This stuff soaks in and makes applying my makeup so much easier.

Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens: Okay...for someone who has such dry and flaky skin, you would think these would be a waste for me. Not so. How you can actually SEE dry skin and still have oil is beyond me. But, I do in fact have a need for these sheets. This comes in super handy thanks to the pregnancy hormones that make me break out all the freaking time. They are also very pretty...not that you really care to look once it's coated in your lovely oil residue. Ewwww.

Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner: Apparently, "volumizing" isn't a real word. I keep getting the red squiggle line of death. Moving on... This shampoo and conditioner claims to pump up the volume AND somehow magically shorten blow-drying time. I felt that the smell was a little too clinical for my taste. The shampoo didn't clean my hair very well and the conditioner didn't rinse out completely. And, blow-drying time...HA! Longer thanks to the product buildup on my roots that the shampoo didn't touch. I think I'm going to stick to my Redken for now.

TALIKA lipocils expert: This is a lash booster that is derived by plants so it supposedly has no side effects. I have not been brave enough to try this yet...so anyone who has, let me know what you think!

This Month's Extra:
Kusmi Tea- Detox Tea:
It's a tea...I didn't try it because some herbs I'm not supposed to have and I'm sure anything "detoxing" is probably a little too intense for me now. Saving for a later date.


Well, there you have it. I know it doesn't SEEM exciting, but to me the moisturizer alone was worth the whole box. Can't wait for April's box to see what awesome stuff cometh my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment