Monday, July 30, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Review: Snakebites

A few weeks ago I pinned a recipe for something called "Snakebites." It had 2 major ingredients that I love. Cream cheese and crescent rolls. How could I go wrong??

Here is the picture from Pinterest:



The recipe can be found HERE.

Of course, I made a few tweaks. Instead of green chiles, I used a can of Rotel. Instead of Cumin, I used only the chili powder. The tweaks are courtesy of failing to check the pantry before going to the grocery store.

Here are the pictures from the process:


These are the ingredients. Pretty basic. Except, subtract a can of Rotel...you only need one. And, add the chili powder. I forgot to include that in the family photo.


Browning the hamburger meat with the drained Rotel in it. This process had me salivating. I love the smell of hamburger meat cooking. I'm also so excited that the sight of raw meat no longer makes me sick.


After adding the cream cheese. This looks disgusting. Tastes amazing. Trust me on this.


Prepping the crescent rolls.


Fresh out of the oven.


Final Product!

My thoughts on this recipe? Phenomenal. The Rotel gave it just enough kick to make it interesting and send my heartburn raging. BUT, it was delicious. I paired them with a side of ranch dressing which, I feel, cooled the heat just enough. The full pound of ground hamburger does make a LOT of mix. I had enough left over to put in tupperware for a yet to be determined later use. You might be able to use half to three quarters of a pound. But, the mix is so good, I can't see anything bad about having extra. I hope you all enjoy!! This one's going in the permanent repertoire!



1 comment:

  1. Damn it Astin....these look fanfrikkentastic! Im on it! lol

    ReplyDelete