Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Weekly Post, Anyone?

When I started this blog, I never really intended for it to be a pregnancy blog or a "mommy blog." I started this blog as a way to share the things that interest me...food, clothes, makeup, crafts, etc. However, life got crazy and by the time I found time to blog again, I was pregnant and had just moved and this is how my friends and family kept up with me. Now, I have a few readers from different avenues of the world and while I'm sure you are all thrilled to read each week (late) about my stretch marks and cravings, I'm sure you're ready for a change of pace. I know I am.

I started to fear that maybe I was already allowing myself to be defined by impending motherhood. Where were the things that I loved so passionately months ago? I began to realize that in the past few months, I hadn't created anything. I hadn't cooked or written original music or poetry. I hadn't tried any of the things that I pinned on Pinterest with enthusiasm and inspiration. I was completely enthralled in getting ready for baby. Get the nursery painted, get the crib built, get things done.

Then, I slowly started to get a little bummed. I look a hot mess. I feel very insecure and down and drained. And bored. Very bored with myself. I know if I'm boring myself, you guys must be in tears.

So, I am going to get in your face. I mean that in the best way, I swear. I think that if I force myself to do the things that I find passion in, and write about them, I'll get out of my rut. This may mean one of two things. I'll totally suck at this commitment and it will go the way of the video tutorial Sunday. OR, I'll really start to feel the flow of ideas and I'll be posting 50 times a day. Ha. Hopefully, we can find a good middle ground. Help keep me accountable guys. Don't let me slack on this. Don't let me be only a mom. Help me to be the best of all I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment