Wednesday, July 18, 2012

33 Week Update!!

33 Weeks!
Baby is the size of a melon...of some sort.
He is about 18 inches long and 4.5ish lbs.
He is sleeping with his eyes open, now...
You could say the same about his mama. :)



Excuse the cell phone mirror picture. And, the towel on my head. And, the mess in the background. Unless you wanted a repeat of week 31, this is as good as it gets. Our internet is also down for the time being, so I'm having to write this on the fly. shhhh...


How far along? 33 Weeks
Total weight gain: 33 pounds? At my appt last week, I had a gain of 32lbs. I haven't weighed this week. Just going with the typical gain, here.
Maternity Clothes?: Yeeesss...and they're too small. But I refuse to buy any more. I'm sooo close.
Stretch marks? A couple on my hip...still this and they are getting darker. :( Hopefully this is still the case. I can't see under my belly.
Sleep: Ninjettas don't need sleep.
Best Moment this week: The night that my animals slept on R's side of the bed!
Miss Anything? My old body.
Movement: Yeah, he's doing the hippie white boy dance in there.
Food cravings: Blueberry everything.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: Still Braxton Hicks.
Symptoms: The worst RLP of my life, and some more swelling.
Belly Button in or out? Still flat, but threatening to pop.
Wedding rings on or off? Back off. :-( The hormone induced dermatitis made it's return.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Super sensitive and emotional
Looking forward to: Meeting my son and sleeping on my stomach again.


oooh, where do I start today? I'd like to begin with a cautionary tale. Pregnancy is like one long Bi-polar episode. The first trimester, you're terrified, happy, miserable and nauseous. The thought of a glass of water is enough to make your stomach turn and you wonder why the hell anyone would go through this more than once.

The second trimester is where the fun starts. You start to kinda show. You're no longer throwing up your toenails and you can enjoy those midnight cravings without worry of being sick or heartburn ruining it. You get that burst of energy (allegedly...I never did) You feel your little one move for the first time and you are amazed every time he does and wonder how people could ever make the decision to NOT experience this.

Third trimester...Or as I like to call it...the 7th Circle of Hell. You're fat, you're swollen, you can't bend over. You get out of breath trying to pull on your underwear (seriously??? Seriously.) Which, speaking of underwear, your supply is reduced to whatever the biggest ugliest things in your drawer are. Even though people claim you're "all belly" for some reason, your underwear no longer go up past your knees. You can't sleep AT ALL and when you do sleep, you wake up choking on acid in the back of your throat. Those cute little baby flutters??? His little pokes and rolls are replaced by kicks and punches and someone loaned this kid a pair of metal spiked cleats. You find yourself crying because you look "ugly and fat" and even though you're starving half to death, you can only eat littl bits at a time, because your fetus has his ass shoving your stomach into your brain. You can barely walk because the weight of your uterus is slowly shredding your lower abdominal muscles. And, you wonder...how the hell am I going to survive another 7 weeks.

Don't get me wrong. I love my baby, and I can't WAIT for him to be here...and he can stay put as long as he needs to, to finish baking. But, sweet Jesus...Pregnancy is rough, man! I am eternally grateful that I am able to create and produce life, but it's a tough road.


I'm actually looking forward to the newborn phase. I know my sleep will be interrupted, but at least the 2 hours or so I'll get a night will be decently comfortable. I can function on little sleep as long as it's somewhat quality sleep. (Spoken like a true naive first time mom...see me later when I'm eating my words. Again.) For now, I'm hanging in there. Praying each day that I make it and trudging closer to the finish line. That 2nd trimester sprint downhill on perfectly paved roads is over. Now, it's an uphill swim in molasses and mud...but it'll be here soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I love you!! Your so funny. I'm so happy for you and proud of you. Can't wait for baby Liz to be here and start a new name trend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I could do is grin reading this.....its like a terrible flashback. lol Oh my....hang in there....

    ReplyDelete