Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tip-Tastic Thursday!

Maybe we need to find a better name for this weekly post??

Okay, so in an effort to revamp this blog into something a little more mainstream... We have a new weekly post. Every Thursday, I'll post a household tip that I love and find very useful. I hope you guys enjoy!


Have you ever burned food on the bottom of a pan? Or let something sit a little too long in a casserole dish? It seems like it's impossible to scrape off burned on bits of cheese. Back at Thanksgiving, I roasted a pan full of Sweet Potatoes. I didn't line the pan with foil (Rookie move!!!) and all of those natural sugars oozed out and caramelized onto my pan. R was POSITIVE we were going to have to throw the pan out. But, I had a secret weapon in my arsenal. I whipped out a box of Bounce Dryer sheets. Dryer sheets?? YES!

Next time you burn a pan or don't have a chance to immediately rinse a dish, fill the dish with water and a squirt of dish soap. Then simply place a dryer sheet in the water and let it sit. For small problem areas, a couple of hours is sufficient. For heavy duty problem areas (such as the Great Sweet Potato Incident) let it sit overnight.

When the time is up, dump out the water, remove the dryer sheet and voila! The mess cleans up easily...or at least with a lot less elbow grease.

This is one of my FAVORITE household tips. I even keep a box of dryer sheets under the kitchen sink just for this purpose. They don't have to be Bounce brand, I just happened to end up with an extra box one time. Next time, I'll buy the cheap stuff for the dishes. But, it works wonders on all sorts of tough kitchen messes. Got a sticky spot on the counter that won't come off without tearing your fingernails all to hell? Wet a dryer sheet and lay over the spot for a little while.

You can even make these last double time by cutting them in half.

I hope you guys have enjoyed our first Tip-Tastic Thursday. I have no idea how to do a link up party or anything of the sort, but if you want to do a Tip-Tastic post and share your blog link in the comments, you are more than welcome!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment