Monday, July 23, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Review- Cheesy Chicken Lasagna

I'm sure by now, most of the free world is familiar with Pinterest. If you're not using it, you have at least heard of it. Right?? I LOVE Pinterest. Sometimes it makes me feel inadequate because,let's face it...I'm not nearly as crafty, stylish, or as good as a cook as it would have me believe. However, sometimes, I do feel inclined to take a pinterest idea and give it a go in the real (re: MY) world. So, this week, I'm going to review a recipe that made my mouth water at first sight. Which...to me...equals Love at First Sight. Yes, I do believe in it. Here is the picture that seduced me:


Looks yummy, right??? This recipe comes courtesy of Realmomkitchen.com. You can get right to this recipe by clicking HERE.


I'm not going to post the full actual recipe since it's not mine and I did link to the original. I'm just going to give you the Cliff's notes version...

The next time I make this, I will be making some adjustments. I don't feel like the recipe made enough of the chicken mixture. And, as most recipes I find are, this one was a little on the bland side to me. But, to be fair, I like my food very heavily seasoned. R really liked this recipe and Marley...well, he loved it.

Aside from the adjustments, this wasn't a hard recipe...I'll probably consolidate some steps next time to make it go faster, but for the most part, this was an easy meal that tastes like it's a lot harder to make.



Cut up and cook about 3 cups of boneless, skinless chicken breast. This isn't quite 3 cups. I'll be doubling this along with the other ingredients in the "mix."


All you need for this recipe, other than the chicken. I had already started cooking the chicken when I realized I should be taking pictures. Forgive me...it's my first time food blogging.


Barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove. How cliche' am I??? LOL. I had to lean over quite far to get this photo, too. My southbound view is pretty obscured these days. Also, yes, that's the dress in my 34 week update photo. This was all done on the same day.


Boil your lasagna noodles.


The "mix" before adding the chicken.


Build your lasagna. Unfortunately, I got caught up in building mine and this is the only photo I have of the building process.


Bake!! Now, the recipe says 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Because I had bread baking, too, I did 400 degrees for 30 minutes. It turned out fine that way, but I would highly recommend sticking with the longer cook time at lower heat.


Finished product! Clearly, I suck at food photography.


Doesn't look QUITE like the picture from Pinterest.


Homemade bread. Not a Pinterest recipe. This one is mine. ;-P


R's amazing homemade garlic spread. I swear, I could eat this with a spoon.


Dinner is served! All plated up and ready to go.


Sometime soon, I'll post the bread recipe and photos. It is actually really easy. Final word on this recipe is this: I will make this again, with the necessary tweaks to appease my discriminating palate. (HA!) It was good. Not as pretty as they made it look, but pretty tasty nonetheless. Bon Apetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment