Monday, June 11, 2012

Dresser/Changing Table: Before & After

As usual, I'm running late on my weekly updates, but I felt like I needed to give you something different. You know...to break up the monotony of posts about my ever expanding waistline. We had a VERY busy weekend. We got our asses in gear and got some stuff done to the nursery!! YAY!!!

First and foremost, gone is the yucky eggnog shade of paint on the wall. In it's place is Bermuda Bay, a beautiful aqua/turquoise color. It has immediately changed the vibe of that room. Even with no furniture in there and a drop cloth sprawled across the floor...the room went from boring to calming and lovely.

We also bought our crib this weekend!! YAY!!! It's all coming together and we are thrilled!

I can't really show you pictures of the full nursery just yet, as that will be a different post for when everything is done in there. BUT, I CAN show you the pictures of our completed dresser renovation!!! I am so excited to have this project done. R and I worked so hard on making this $15 dresser new again. So without further adieu...I give you the before and after!!




Looks nice enough, right? It actually wasn't a terrible piece of furniture, but we wanted dark furniture to balance out the room.














Now, here is what WE did to it!















Close up of the drawer lining. LOVE these little owls!



Now, I can't wait to fill the drawers with little baby clothes and get the changing station set up on top of it. I already put some diapers in the top drawer. lol...I might be just a bit over anxious. So, readers...what do you think of the dresser's new 'do?


No comments:

Post a Comment