Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Change is Good

I’ve been away for awhile. 8 months is probably more than “awhile”, though, right? I’ve got pretty legit reasons. If you’re still around and care to read, that is. We got hit by Sandy…no power for 16 days. With an 8 week old. Pretty sucky. A tree fell on our house and put a hole in the roof. After a week, we received a generator from my wonderful aunt and uncle. By the time we got power again and cleaned up the mess that was our house and the deck and the yard…it was Thanksgiving. And, then Christmas. We went back to Arkansas over Christmas break and got hit with a Blizzard. No power for a week. You see where this is going, right? The cosmos did NOT want me blogging. Probably for the best. It was a rough holiday season.

Then, we found a new house! Yay!!! But, we had no internet for the first few months we lived here. But, we do now…which brings me back here. I’m a little rusty. Forgive me…it’s going to take a bit to get my sea-legs back.

You might have noticed a few changes. We have a new name here at the ole’ blogstead. I started feeling like the blog was evolving. Where “Which One’s Pink” alluded to knowing but NOT knowing me as the author of this blog…I felt we had gotten cozy and familiar over the last year. (Mind you, these changes were in the works when Sandy hit, so we really HAD gotten cozy in that last year…not including my 8 month hiatus.) And, since we’re old pals now…I want to invite you to my front porch. Where we can sit and chat and drink coffee or wine and get to know each other even better.

I’m playing around with the layouts and the design of my blog, so it’s subject to change frequently. Feedback and opinions are always welcome. I’m still learning how to actually use my Blogger to its full extent, so I appreciate your patience as the page goes through various stages of construction. I’m also working on getting the blog to transfer to my domain name. I’m having some issues with that, but when I do get those bugs fixed, you should still be able to reach this blog through the original URL.

I did notice that my blog views have jumped WAY up over my absence. Not really sure what that says about me. Hahaha… Almost 9500 views. 450 in the last month. If you are one of those readers, let me just apologize for keeping you hanging for all these months. And THANK YOU for coming back and continuing to visit my page. It is most definitely noticed.
My little guy who was just about 6 weeks old when I last wrote is now almost 10 MONTHS old. Guys, I have a crawler…and a babbler. He’s amazing and you’ll hear more about him in coming posts.

That’s pretty much where we are at today. I have tons to tell you, but it would translate into the longest blog in the history of blogging. Seriously. So, please keep checking back. And, if there is anything you want to chat about, post a comment and let me know! In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed that I get this new design figured out!

1 comment: