Monday, August 20, 2012

Hospital Bag Post!

I felt you guys deserved an extra post today since I've been seriously slacking on my recipes and my Tip-tastic Thursday posts... So, here ya go...the required hospital bag post.


I've read enough of these posts and the comments to know that there really is no right way to pack. Some people take WAY too much crap that they'll never use...some people take WAY too much crap and use all of it. Considering we are an hour from the hospital, I'd rather take too much crap than not enough and need something. But I still feel my bags are pretty basic.



1) Post Partum Support Belt- I've heard these are pretty awesome at not only helping your belly shrink after birth, but making your now empty "bowl full of jelly" belly feel a little more normal. One of the things that most STM (second time moms) have said is that it is really disconcerting to go from having a rock hard big ol' belly to having a squishy lumpy big ol' belly.

2) Nursing gown and robe- Chances are, I won't have many visitors in the hospital. But, I do plan on taking lots of pictures with our newest Little and I don't want to be wearing those hideous hospital gowns. Plus, see above comments regarding belly. I'm already not going to feel just super confident about myself. Might as well TRY to feel as pretty as possible.

3) Suckers- Not sure if my hospital allows you to eat or drink anything, but there is no way I can go more than 3 hours without any sugar. As far as I know, suckers are usually okay because it's not really a solid that sits on your stomach and creates a choking hazard.

4)Toiletries- Apparently, that first shower after birthing a human being is pretty freaking special. You start to somewhat resemble a human being again. I've got little trial size shampoo and conditioner and deodorant...

5) Socks with grippies. I know the hospital provides some, but these are ultra fluffy. Don't mind the lone pink one. The partner is down in the laundry room...I just haven't gone down to get it yet.

6) Poofies for the shower- Pretty self explanatory.

7)Giant Granny Panties- The STMs are pretty divided on this one. The hospital provides mesh undies, which I hear are either awesome or craptastic depending on who you are. Figured it was better to be safe than sorry, so I packed them just in case.

8)Floatation Devices- Another big divider...some women will tell you that they don't make pads big enough to rival the industrial strength hospital grade ones, but some people say these work awesome if you don't like that "pillow between your legs feeling." Another Just In Case item. I honestly don't know which I'll prefer or need.

NOT PICTURED: Basic things like makeup, phone charger, laptop/charger, camera, and something to wear home. I figure I'll grab a pair of black pj pants and a comfy tee to ride home in. Also a few basic Forever 21 tanks. They can be modified to hook onto your nursing bra and they're $2.80 each. Way worth it over the $25 nursing camis. Also, toothbrushes, toothpaste and EOS lip balm.



Baby's Hospital Bag!!

1) Breast feeding pillow- A Godsend for holding up a brand new baby with those weak spaghetti arms you get from 9 months of being sedentary.

2) Soft Blanket- They'll have plenty of scratchy receiving blankets, but my little sweets needs something soft to snuggle up in.

3) Hootie- His first little blankie.

4) Going home outfits- One in NB size, the other in 0-3 month...just in case he's a big 'un. Some socks and some little mittens for his tiny little hands.

5) Hats!!- He needs all three...because they're freaking adorable and he'll need something to keep his noggin warm other than those hospital hats.

6) Extra receiving blankets- These are always in the diaper bag, they make handy burp cloths and you never know how long it might take to get an extra blanket during a 3am feeding at the hospital.




This is for me during labor. I'm hoping it comes in handy...it sure has been pretty nice around the house!


Anything else you guys can think of, let me know!!! We'll also do a post later to see how much of this shit I actually used. ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment