Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November Birchbox Review

Well, it's been awhile to say the least. I'm not proud of my laziness...I apologize and it won't happen again.

That being said, I have a lot to catch up on. I did get my first Birchbox in the mail a couple of weeks ago, so here is my review.


I was so excited to open the package and see what goodies I would get this month. I had been reading the reviews from other bloggers' November Birchboxes, and theirs looked awesome!!! Alas, when mine came, I was kinda disappointed.









I received the following. Please remember, this is not a paid review. Birchbox does not know me. These are honest and unbiased reviews.

Jouer Lip Enhancer: I have seen this item in previous birchbox reviews, however, no one actually gave a review on it. I really like this product. I don't find that it "plumps" lips as it claims, but I have relatively full lips anyway and that is not something that matters to me. It does moisturize them very well. I'm somewhat of a chapstick connoisseur, and for me to like anything other than plain jane lip balm says a lot.

Kate Spade Twirl: Okay...I have heard a bunch of mixed reviews on this. I didn't care for it at all. I do not have any scent aversions. I can go into Bath and Body for hours and smell everything they have and be fine. But, one little spritz of this immediately gave me a headache. Thumbs down, Ms. Spade.

Thymes Body Lotions (eucalyptus & Kimono Rose): Disgusting. Old lady scent that stayed all day. If only the REALLY good smelling lotions could have this staying power.

Zoya Nail polish in Noel: I was really excited about the nail polish. I love nail polish and this is a shade I probably wouldn't have bought myself. I only slicked on one little stripe but that one coat goes on a sparkly cerulean blue. I'm betting if layered, it will turn a beautiful midnight blue. This is my first experience with Zoya, so I'm not sure on it's staying power. My only complaint is that it has a very strong smell indicative of cheap nail polish. But, hey...it's free.

This month's "extra" was an Alex and Isabelle hair tie: This was an ironic addition to my box. Everyone else got chocolate...I got a hair tie a week after I cut off all my hair. Fortunately, I can still wear it...just not in public. This is a hairdo for the privacy of my own home only.


So, that's my review of my first Birchbox. I really hope the December box is better. If not, I may have to cancel my subscription and give another service a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment