Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hallow's Hangover

Well, we survived Halloween night. It was a fun evening. It is our first year in our current house and we had no idea what level of trick or treat traffic we would incur. I was the lady handing out one piece of candy per kid. *face palm* We had so much candy left over! Now, I have to figure out a way to dispose of this candy. I'm guessing the only option I have is to eat it. ;)

Now, I can get my house back in order and start preparing myself for the next holiday designed to make me break out the elastic waistbands. Mmmm...Thanksgiving. This is the most awesome time of the year for me. Aside from loving anything that has to do with food, I just love the holiday spirit. I love getting together with all of my family and cooking the most amazing meal. After we eat...before the turkey coma...we always sit down to watch "A Christmas Story" for the first time of the season. That movie is my family's version of "Miracle on 34th Street." It's just not the Holidays until we watch it. The day after, my sweet husband and I will go pick out our Christmas tree, and have the best (free!) hot cocoa at the tree farm. We come home, crack open a bottle of wine and decorate the tree and the rest of the house. It's those moments of bliss before the insanity. Of course, we have the biggest football game of the year on while we're at it. Hogs vs Tigers...Arkansas vs LSU. Woo Pig Sooie! (Okay, the secret is out...we're Razorback fans)

I should really start on my Christmas shopping now. I hate feeling as though the season rushes by me, all the while I'm struggling to keep up and get everything done in time. This year (I say this EVERY year) I want to get my shopping done early so I can sit back and bask in the glow of it all.

For now, I'll just sit back and try not to glow green from too much Halloween candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment